Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Taytay Tid Bit: Bleeding Blisters

You know when your man gets hurt and shows you the cut or scab or whatever it is?  Well, my fiance (Keegan) got a blister that has healed, bled again, healed, bled again, and so on. I've been giving him all the advice I know of how to make it heal all the way without bleeding again. So far...he's apparently "tried" everything I suggest. (You know men, they say they do....but who knows..) 
He showed it to me again tonight and it was black and bleeding again. (Looking kinda gross....) Exasperated that it's still doing that, I dragged him over to my mom, showed it to her, and asked for her "magic mom advice" on what to do. Her first response (was actually "ewww" just like me but anyway) was to ask him if he's washed it.....

"No....."

*Face palm*
After all that! 

Anyway, I got to thinkin' that this illustrates what happens when we don't "wash" our hearts. They get black, dirty, and they never heal from being hurt. If we were to read all the self-help books, or listen to all the worship songs, or go to every service held in the church in one week we wouldn't get any better or heal any faster if we didn't take time to sit quietly and pour our hearts out to God for Him to clean. Imagine how much faster the wounds of our hearts would heal if we got them cleaned by the living water!


Get cleaned so you don't have to wonder why your heart is black, bleeding, and still not healed.

(BTW, Keegan is being a VERY good sport about this post.) 

One of the girls...
Taylyr

No comments:

Post a Comment