Sunday, October 5, 2014

Click.

I've been working on my book (Hold Your Heart) for a majority of the day and got a whole 7 pages typed (WhooHoo!!!). I had gotten good advice from an author friend to create a daily goal for myself on this book, so I made my goal to write 2 pages everyday. Since I've made that goal, I've been more productive! 
Do we set goals for ourselves in our relationship with God?
"I will try to be more patient today!"
"I'll get this person to come to Christ today!"
"I won't kill my sibling today!"
Etc, etc, etc!
Do we get more from our relationship when we do that? I personally try to do things like read my Bible more, or journal more about Him (and less about my dramatic emotions), and try to pray more. However, I usually forget these things by the next day because I get busy. A professor gives me another paper, or my friends want to hang out or I have college group or my club or BLEH! There's always another "or" hanging around for me to add to my schedule. I don't make time for my own goals. If I'm going to make them, I should make time for them right? It's very hard sometimes. 
I'm moving towards a time very quickly that will add another priority to my life: my husband to be. What will my goals be to grow closer to my husband? I need to learn how to grow closer to God in my goals first because if I do that He will ultimately teach me how to grow closer to my husband. Its a wonderful cycle: Grow closer to God= grow closer to husband= a happy me! :D (Results may vary)
God will show me what these goals are supposed to be. His goals and my goals should be parallel and going the same direction and coming to the same destination. 

I was talking to one of my sisters about love (dun, dun, DUN!!!!) and I told her that I've learned how important it is for you and the one you marry to be facing that same direction in your life. Facing the same ministry desires. Otherwise, one or the other will have to give up their dream to go with what their spouse wants. Eventually, you'll be sad you gave up that dream. 
I dated some guys that didn't have the same ministry goals as I did (or not one at all) and I had to force myself to ignore that part of me that knew that I would never click with them like I was supposed to. But you know what? On March 24, 2014 I figured out why I was never meant to click with anyone else. (He asked to court me on that day) One day, it clicks. And it'll sound like when you turn a key inside a lock and you hear all those gears turning the right direction to open up. A lot of times we turn the gears the wrong way hoping that they're going the right way! And it takes us a while to realize why the door's not opening. But once the right one does, smoothly and correctly, you won't ever want to close the door again. You won't ever want to lock it back up. You just want to go inside and see what you've been waiting for. 

A lot of my friends have found their locks lately and it's amazing to see. When you find that right lock and you hear that click of the gears, you don't re-lock it and walk away thinking you'll come back later. You open it! Sometimes we're afraid to unlock the door because we're afraid it won't be what we expect. 
Guess what.
It won't be.
That's the beauty and magnificence that is called marriage! This is what God designed us for. (Well, part of it.) 
So, stop trying to unlock gears that are turning the wrong way and don't be afraid when you hear that click


 (Me- The key and my hubby to be- lock ;))
One of the girls.....
Taylyr   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment