Thursday, October 2, 2014

Soldered: the Insight of the Engaged.

I went to the jewelry store today and picked up my rings (now put together as one!) and realized how weird it felt. I can't twist them in separate directions out of boredom or watch as my partially OCD fiancĂ© tries to straighten them. 
When we get married in 7 months it'll feel strange for a while. A good strange. I felt that way making a courting commitment this last March (24th) and then promising my marriage to this man in May (18th). God is going to "solder" us together. Trials will make us heat up and break down sometimes, but God is using that to mold us together more and more until our final "I dos" on May 30, 2015. 
It will feel weird to not go to separate houses at the end of the day or to see each other a lot more of the day. Or to share a home (a physical one). But us being soldered together is beautiful. No matter how much this all may terrify me sometimes. 
I was talking to God tonight and I thanked Him for helping me choose Keegan every morning, every night, and a lot in between. He helps me continue to love and choose him, even when he's not perfect. 
Getting married makes me nervous and scares me sometimes ("what am I getting into??") but all great adventures do. 

All great adventures do. 

Trust me, my honey is an adventure in and of himself. ;)
Continue to pray for us both as we balance college (16 credit hours for me and I think 17 for him), planning a wedding, and life in general. We appreciate the love, support, and prayer! 
One of the girls.....
Taylyr

No comments:

Post a Comment