Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Give Me Words to Speak & Let the Spirit Lead.

Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the LORD's will is.
Ephesians 5:15-17

When God calls us to do things for Him, we need to stop what we're doing and go do it! Even if it's something just between you and Him.
God gives us daily opportunities to get closer to His heart and the hearts of others. Sometimes He gives us chances to even get closer to our own hearts.
We miss moments to become knitted at the heart with other people and with Him when we hesitate and walk away in fear or embarrassment. 
Then, there's doing what God says one time, but then hearing Him tell you to do something else and instead of going you say, "Eh, I did that Godly-thing yesterday. I think I've done my holy share for the week."
How stupid can we be?
We push away chances for God to bless us, bless someone else, bond with us, show someone else who He is...the list of what we pass up is endless.

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
1 Timothy 1:7

Ever wonder why the Spirit didn't make us timid? 
It would be useless for us to be timid when He's trying to get things done. You know what's sad? We're timid anyway! So, we still get in the way of Him getting things done!
We need to stop that!
I remember a couple of times where God has told me to go talk to people, but they were usually either people I didn't know or people I didn't like. Plus, I didn't know what He wanted me to say. I was unnerved. That's half the battle isn't it? Trusting that God will give us words. We want to "approve" of what we're going to be saying. 
What makes me feel really sorry that I was too unnerved to do what He asked is that I took away not only God and me moments. I took away a God moment from another person.

Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.
Psalms 96:3

We need to stop being ashamed of our Lover and what He does. We should brag more about how God romances us than the beautiful diamond necklace our spouse just bought us.
One of the girls...
Taylyr Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment