Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Flexability: He Never Breaks Me, Only Bends.

Does anyone remember that song by David Crowder Band? I love their song How He Loves.

"He is jealous for me.
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree.
Bending beneath the waves of His wind and mercy.
And all of a sudden I am unaware of His affections eclipsed by glory.
And I realized just how wonderful You are and how great Your affections are for me."

These are some of my favorite lyrics in the song. I can sit still and drink in the promises of God's grace. He is gentle, but firm. His new, daily mercies are waves of wind. Waves of wind--strong and graceful, but you can't see it physically. You feel it. And then His affections are eclipsed by glory! I love that wording! He is jealous for me.
He is jealous for me. 
The one who looks in the mirror daily and finds something wrong. The one who talks harshly to people sometimes. The one who plays the blame game. The one who falls short of this eclipsed glory.

"-for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
Romans 3:23&24

I have fallen short of the glory of God daily. But, I am also justified freely by His grace! Because of Christ Jesus! 

Wow. Have you ever just sat still and thought about that? If Jesus hadn't gone through so much awful pain then we wouldn't be free to have the romance and relationship with God that we're completely free to have now!

One last note: notice how the song says we're bending beneath these waves and this wind. Not breaking. God doesn't break us, but when we do break He picks up the pieces and turns us into a masterpiece even more beautiful than before.

One of the girls......
Taylyr Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment