Saturday, September 15, 2012

"What Did You Do With My Son?"

A journey with God is interesting.....and we are stupid. No, it's true.
There comes that moment, whether it's once a day or it's once a month (unlikely), where God tells you to do something.....and then you turn around and see something "better": your way. Funny how we trust ourselves after...well for me 17 years. Do we trust people that hurt us? 

We hurt ourselves everyday. We give our hearts away all too easily, we verbally abuse ourselves, we take on ministries that we know aren't ours, etc. Don't see how this hurts you? You will.

When we walk away from God the transformation of our hearts doesn't happen all at once, it comes in increments. The portion could be big, but there will be something new everyday that affects you. 

This feels like freedom too doesn't it? You feel in charge; in control. You know what's what.....and then something breaks. Your boyfriend breaks up with you, your parents start questioning, the people that once were confused by you approve of you! How does all that sound? 

If you're like me you have words said every once in a while that just slap you clear across the face. The words, "What did you do with my Son?", hit me hard. What am I going to say when I'm with my Daddy and He asks me what I did with His free gift to me?  His free gift to me looks a little beaten, a little neglected, a little forgotten. 

It's a good thing God's a master forgiver, restorer, and Daddy.

                                      One of the girls......
                                                   Taylyr

No comments:

Post a Comment